>________________________________
> Da: janI

>On 26 December 2012 16:47, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:

>>We do have licensing issues with the content of both the wiki and the website.
>>If you check the lengthy discussion we had about it you will find that the
>>documentation is mostly licensed under PDL. As I said it's a can of worms,
>>but it doesn't mean we won't have to open it.
>>
>Now I get it, I thought you meant the mediawiki general license.
> There are for sure bigger issues with the general content, also according to
> our ICLA we cannot simply copy it.

The issue is the SUN contribution agreement for that content was that was
under "Public Documentation License" by default, or alternatively under PD
or some CC- copyleft.

We can probably get some of that stuff relicensed but this is not usually
covered by a SGA. It's a can of worms :(.

>>It limits my ability to contribute to the MediaWiki content as it seems the
>>wiki
>>is unconnected to the rest of Apache. I think it's something that can be
>>solved:
>>my understanding is that accepting LDAP doesn't exclude volunteers from using
>>the existing authentication accounts.
>>
>well I am right now doing my best to connect it better to apache, LDAP is one
> small step, which I am actually sitting right now and reading about. Other
> things
> are the monitoring and other infra stuff, where I help out a bit.

Let me clarify this: you are doing a GREAT job. Updating the MediaWiki software
was indeed a requirement for infra@ if MWiki is going to stay.

I personally don't want to spend holiday time thinking about documentation or
MWikis :).

Keep up the good work!

Pedro.