Please, I think I made it very clear that whatever the agreed direction, the
documentation needs to be explicit.  I also looked in the AOO embedded help for
POWER and it is not helpful.  (By the way, it would be great if it remained
possible to access the on-line help even if the embedded help is installed.)

That is the only point of the note being replied to below.

Knuth and I will continue to disagree about what is an appropriate result for
0^0 (maybe even 0/0).  Either way, I rest my case.  0 is already an exception
in the laws of arithmetic.  One must always make exceptions to avoid reasoning
through a division by 0 (a common trick for proving that 0 = 1).

And as far as the February 1900 calendar bug goes, please recall that it was to
remain downward compatible with Lotus 1-2-3.  At the international standard
level that was not tolerated, as you know.  Think of this as delayed karma for
Apache OpenOffice.

In this case, allowing any of 0, 1, or error to be implementation-defined is
not helpful and the compelling case for me is alignment with Excel on "error."

I see no point in reiterating on this.  I am not going to change my
recommendation.  All of the considerations have been presented.  Now it remains
to determine how to go forward.  I have no idea what the consensus will be.  I
await what others have to say.  I have no need to say any more.

 - Dennis