On 26.02.2013 19:22, Rob Weir wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Regina Henschel
<rb.hensc...@t-online.de> wrote:
Hi Andre,

Andre Fischer schrieb:

Hi,

after some very hard work the Impress panels are now migrated to the
sidebar.  These are panels for

- Layouts
- Master pages (all, recent, used)
- Custom animation
- Slide transition
- Table

I have created new developer builds (version 0.7), please see

      http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar#Developer_Builds

for details.  I made the Linux build with an older Ubuntu, so that more
people can try it out.  A special activation of the sidebar is not
necessary anymore.

I've unpacked the Windows version. It crashes immediately, when I use a text
frame, that is the shape from the T icon. :(

That's further than I got.  The built-in Windows XP did not like that
archive.  I took Andre's hint to rename the destination top-level
directory.  But then on extract it complains that some files are
password protected.  I extracted the rest but then I get an exception
when trying to run soffice.

How much more effort would it be to create a Windows installer?  If we

I am not providing installers on purpose. There are still too many bugs and I don't want to give anybody the chance to install a developer build by accident. Another week maybe and the quality will hopefully be good enough for evaluation.

-Andre

want coverage by QA volunteers (and we're waiting) we'll either need
installers or detailed instructions for how to get these archived
builds to work.  But since we're changing directories and such with
the 4.0 version it probably makes sense to get the install/configure
side tested early as well.

-Rob

Kind regards
Regina