A quick update.  We've been running for 18 hours, enough time to get
around the globe.

So far we have 1712 responses.

It is probably worth thinking about what we want to do with all the
data.  I did an analysis of the results so far, and some quick
thoughts:

1) The question asking for person's age appears to be useless.  Unless
we have an unusual number of users in their 70's , 80's and 90's, a
large number of users are entering their birth year rather than their
age.  So I'm planning on just ignoring that field.   (This is probably
why you often see this done as a drop down list of years in other
surveys, less error prone).

2) I will be able to produce a list of logos, sorted by average score
and given the %  breakdown of 1's, 2's, 3's, etc.  Maybe even a
histogram chart for each.

3) We're receiving a lot of comments on the individual logos, many
more than I expected.  So we can expect that for each logo there will
be 200 or more text comments.  I'm not sure what we want to do with
these.   Since this is an anonymous survey the users are quite blunt
with their comments on the logos they did not prefer, using coarse
language, etc., stuff that would be inappropriate if a list subscriber
posted.  It is not all constructive criticism.  Some of it is quite
harsh.  On the other hand, there is a tremendous amount of valuable
feedback as well, that we and the designers specifically might find
useful.   So what to do?

a) Post it all, the good the bad and the ugly?

b) Remove or censor only profanity and post the rest?

c) Make feedback available only to the individual designers via email

d) Publicly post the feedback only for the top 5 logos, share the rest
privately with the individual designers.

e) Something else?

-Rob