On 15.07.2013 09:19, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 7/15/13 9:04 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
On 14/07/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
In this specific case, for AOO 4.0,  I'm suggesting we release any
additional languages that are 100% on September 16th.  This is similar
to what we did for AOO 3.4.1.  After that date I think we then wait
for AOO 4.1.

Releasing a new language should be rather easy and repeatable, so it is
something that we can do once a month (but I can understand that August
may be problematic due to holidays).

Ideally, we should have a monthly update, say around mid-month, where we:

1) Release new languages (of course, based on the same code revision as
4.0, exactly as done for 3.4.1) that have reached 100% UI translation.

2) Formally unrelated to #1, we make (unreleased) dev snapshots
available of languages that have UI at 75-99%.

People should work on a reliable build bot infra structure that can
provide builds for all major platforms (Linux, Windows, MacOS). And then
we can configure more languages on demand.

Currently the Windows buildbot of the SNAPSHOT tag does a weekly full build of all languages:
  http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/#winsnap
Is any fully translated language missing from that list? Should semi-translated languages be built too?

Yes, we should build all languages on all other platforms too. But we don't have a Mac buildbot yet and until the build baseline is increased to XCode4 that will probably have to stay so. On the Linux64 things look much better but disk space on that buildbot used to be a problem. The Linux32 buildbot needs to be set up, but from a localization perspective its build result it is indistinguishable from the Linux64 build.

Also FreeBSD buildbot would be possible, but AFAIK Maho is working on a tinderbox build there, so setting up a buildbot would probably be wasted work. Also getting buildbots for OS/2 or Solaris X86 or Sparc just for the localized snapshot builds is probably wasted work unless there is a number of translators that only test on these platforms.

Herbert