On 7/15/2013 12:19 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 7/15/13 9:04 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
On 14/07/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
In this specific case, for AOO 4.0,  I'm suggesting we release any
additional languages that are 100% on September 16th.  This is similar
to what we did for AOO 3.4.1.  After that date I think we then wait
for AOO 4.1.
Releasing a new language should be rather easy and repeatable, so it is
something that we can do once a month (but I can understand that August
may be problematic due to holidays).

Ideally, we should have a monthly update, say around mid-month, where we:

1) Release new languages (of course, based on the same code revision as
4.0, exactly as done for 3.4.1) that have reached 100% UI translation.

2) Formally unrelated to #1, we make (unreleased) dev snapshots
available of languages that have UI at 75-99%.
People should work on a reliable build bot infra structure that can
provide builds for all major platforms (Linux, Windows, MacOS). And then
we can configure more languages on demand.
While there are periodic complaints about the build bots (e.g. when there are breaking changes made to the source tree), the main bots are pretty stable. They mainly break when broken. If you look at Windows Snapshot build <http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-w7snap/> , the Windows nightly build <http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/> , and the Linux 64bit build <http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux64-nightly/> , you will notice that they are quite stable (esp. with the fix to the hanging process issue)

We can ask again at infra for our CentOS linux 32 bot and Mac hardware, and we have waited long enough on that front. But, are there any issues we can identify with the current Windows snapshot build that make it unusable? We can configure more languages on these bots on demand right now. Is there a technical reason you don't like them?

A.

I will be not the manual build bot ;-)

Proposing is fine but please think also about the realization.

Juergen