Hi all,

2013/7/28 Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>

> On 24/07/2013 Hagar Delest wrote:
>
>> Huge thanks for such reactivity indeed.
>>

> But a lot of people are missing it due to the "portable" version being too
> hidden in our download infrastructure.
>
> What's the best solution to ensure that:
> 1) Users can actually find the "portable" version and
> 2) Users are correctly informed that this is a third-party port?
>
> My proposal (subject to lazy consensus or discussion here) would be to
> modify
> http://www.openoffice.org/**download/<http://www.openoffice.org/download/>
> as follows: add it to the line that says
> Get all platforms, languages, language packs | Source Code tarballs and
> SDK |
> so that it becomes
> Get all platforms, languages, language packs | Source Code tarballs and
> SDK | Third-party and portable versions
>
> and to link the additional text to
> http://www.openoffice.org/**porting/ <http://www.openoffice.org/porting/>
> so that people are correctly informed. This also ensures that when/if we
> have other portable versions available nothing needs to be changed.

+1
Other proposal : the creation of an official flyer in English "How to start
with AOO 4.0" with a summary of  the important informations  and links
(installation, extensions, portability, etc. no need to detail the
functions of the different modules in such a flyer). Everybody could
download it and share it with the correct informations. When modifications,
they are applied directly on the flyer which is always actualized.
A good way to discover that the new logo has some issue when printing in
B&W. As I voted for it without control the results in black and white
impression, so it is also my fault ;-)
An opportunity to have some marketing material to distribute on stands ,
etc...

A+
--
gw