On 11/4/13 3:46 PM, janI wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2013 3:31 PM, "Andre Fischer" <awf....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 04.11.2013 10:36, janI wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I agree to using ratscan on trunk is a good idea, and all the other
>>> comments.
>>>
>>> But my original question is still not answered, do we use the build
> system
>>> to do ratscan, or is the ratscan target an old relict ?
>>

>> I think that I have added the ext_libraries/ratscan/ module.   It is
> built and started when the --with-rat-scan option is given to configure.
>> But I don't know if that is used on our build servers.  If you see a
> --with-rat-scan option in their configuration files then it is, otherwise
> it is not.
>
> thx for a clear answer.
>
> yes it is added to ext_librararies, and currently not used, so I will
> remove it in my branch (r.i.p. build.pl efford)

what do you mean it is not used? Do you know all configure options from
people? I think the main idea was to make it as easy as possible for
people to run their own local ratscan. I see no reason why we should
remove it. Today anybody can run it with this configure option, how doe
sit wok without this in a local environment (no build bot involved)?

Juergen