On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:

> > From: Jürgen Schmidt [mailto:jogischm...@gmail.com]
>
> > I have no problem to make this more public. If LO want to be
> > independent
> > they should not use our package names, binary names etc.
>
> in fact, so you're absolutely right. I am a normal Linux user and the
> situation on Linux is extremely confusing.
>
> But what can we do? I think here are problems that need to be resolved
> legally.
>

> Greetings,
> Jörg

One of the "confusing" issues comes from LO's continued use of "soffice" as
the launchpad binary. We've been down this road  before  to no avail.

See, for example --

http://www.libreoffice.org/developers/

On SOME distros who handle this a little better/politely, the LO  binary
has been renamed to "libreoffice", and  a symlink from "soffice" to
libreoffice (/usr/bin/libreoffice --a custom packaging  ) is supplied which
can easily be removed.

bottom line -- even if we are successful in getting AOO into some
repositories, how to deal with this naming clash.

Maybe someone who has downloaded LO packages directly from their site can
provide more information.

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason