Am 02/07/2014 07:16 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Donald Whytock<dwhyt...@apache.org>  wrote:
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org>  wrote:

Is anyone else noticing that almost no one uses the link to report
website issues to actually report website issues?

I wonder whether we're making it harder for ourselves by having this
link?  I don't mind getting support questions to the dev list, but the
non-informative subject lines we get is unhelpful.

Maybe send web site issue reports to Bugzilla instead?

I've never actually seen this link...just seen the results of it here.  I
assume it leads to a form?

In the footer of every www.openoffice.org page there is a "contact us"
link.  That loads this page:

http://www.openoffice.org/contact_us.html

Notice that user, unless they are standing on their heads and reading
from the bottom of the page up, must ignore the advice for support
questions, ignore the advice for reporting bugs, ignore the note that
says that the following instructions are *not* for user support, and
then click the link that clearly says it is for reporting website
issues.

I'm at a loss at how it happens that users reach that point.

OK, at the moment we trust in the users to use this link only for website issues. This is failing as we can see.

What about to try the opposite way:

- Remove the text and link.
- Then the users will find another way (yes, I'm pretty sure they will succeed). - And from there the problem will be reported to us via dev@ - as other mails got redirected to this ML already.

As the number of real website issues is much, much smaller than the number of misused mails, I believe that we can try this.

So, anything against to try to go this way and see what will happen?

Marcus