On 3/3/14 9:24 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 02/14/2014 09:53 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>> As this is our first beta release at Apache, I would like to clarify
>> some things before it's maybe too late to change the facts and to
>> prepare webpages:
>>
>> 3. File names:
>>
>> Of course the file names of the install files have to show a difference
>> compared to the general release files. Suggestion:
>>
>> Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Beta_Win_x86_install.exe
>>
>> *If* there is a need to publish another round, it could be extended with
>> a number like:
>>
>> Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Beta2_Win_x86_install.exe
>
> OK, I've learned that this won't be possible and the names will be
> slightly different - but only as long as they are not uploaded to
> Sourceforge. Therefore I suggest to rename them to the synxtax that was
> used before (see above).
>
> I've created already a little shell script to do the work but won't
> attach here.
>
> @Juergen: Is this something for you?

no and I am not in favor or changing the names. I would like to use the
names as they came out of the build.

Please point me to the scripts that build the name for the download. It
should be easy to put the beta string in the correct position.

We have already said why the naming scheme is different and that it
requires more time to analyze and tweak the build process for a proper
naming. We hope that we can cleanup and improve this for the next release.

But for now I would like to avoid any extra step and the change in the
download script is one place. Otherwise I have to change several places
where I automate some pre-release steps.

Juergen