On 3/20/14 1:22 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> This means, normal users go to:
>> www.openoffice.org/download/
>> Power users, dev's, qa's, etc. should be pointed to:
>> openoffice.apache.org/developer-faqs.html
>> So, putting text from Andrea's webpage proposal into the webpage Kay has
>> found (again ;-) ) could be the golden way.
>
> They are two improvements in two different directions. Both good (as it
> would be good to add text to the ci.apache.org page; some of us, but not
> me, do have access to it).
>
> I see no reasons against doing both (pending resolution of the -1 by
> Dave; but I hope this can be withdrawn after the new explanations).

which builds exactly do you want to promote here and with what explanation?

- build bots are fine, need no or only little explanation
- manually built snapshot/milestones
-- please no further page where entries have to be edited manually as well

Again somebody should continue to work on build bots that are identical
with the build release machines that we can use this builds directly.

Different configuration switches can trigger release, beta or dev builds

Juergen