Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
Development continues on trunk and completely new unrelated problems can
come up here.

I don't want to divert the discussion, but wouldn't it make sense to have daily builds both for AOO410 and for trunk? Sure, this means more effort and more resources, but even if a daily build only fixes those couple bugs that may have been approved as stoppers the day before, it's already quite useful to volunteers who don't build OpenOffice themselves.

For the release only the aoo410 branch is relevant. Well I have moved
yesterday the SNAPSHOT tag on a proper version of the aoo410 branch and
the next snapshot build comes closer to what we want release. But the
SNAPSHOT build from the bots is Windows only.

OK, so we are starting to have Windows (and Linux, right?) builds that are intermediate steps between 4.1.0-Beta and 4.1.0. These do not require extra effort, and these are the ones that should be very visible to our volunteers and prospective volunteers if we want to get the maximum QA coverage.

I hope you see my point and we should first work on the basics.

I can edit the page to keep only builds that are from the AOO410 branch. Remember, I see this as a targeted effort to deliver great quality in 4.1.0. So I would make the page visible again when a new release is approaching, to show what we will have available at that time.

Regards,
  Andrea.