On 04/16/2014 04:22 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Last weekend, we had two separate discussions on the users list where
users implied the OpenOffice site had been hacked or something since the
download started from the sourceforge.net domain.

Of course we know this is normal, but indeed many end-users don't know
what SourceForge is and tend to be careful.

Shall we modify
http://www.openoffice.org/download/
changing
"Click here to download for:"
into
"Click here to download from SourceForge for:" ?

Or will this result in even more confusion? Probably it is good that
users know in advance that their download request will be redirected.

Regards,
   Andrea.

All of our client downloads including product binaries, extensions, and templates are served from SourceForge. I would suggest a statement at the top of the complete Download column that says something like --
"Trusted downloads served by SourceForge" if you think that would help.