On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Roberto Galoppini <
> roberto.galopp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Or maybe a simple "Downloads served by SourceForge, trusted for open
>> source"?
>

> Yes, I understand that, but I'm fearing the Joe Averages won't get the
> meaning of "served by" or read it and continue reading without stopping to
> think what it implies, and will freak out at the redirect nevertheless...

If we had a simple, clean page, I think users would be less confused.
The more we load up the page with text and links, trying to be
helpful, the more users will be overwhelmed and doubt themselves.  I
think we're far past the over-saturation point on the download page
already.  I count 67 links on the page already.  Mozilla manages to
help users download Firefox with only three links in addition to the
download itself:  "Systems & Languages", "What's New" and "Privacy".

-Rob