+1 for Rob's idea to minimize links from the download page;
Especially the links on the right column.

We can make some HTML sketches for this, and here's an idea (I hope you'll
see the formatting) to open download in a new tab, and move all links to
appear below the download link. E.g.,

*Download **Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 *for Linux 64-bit (RPM) and Deutsch
from Sourceforge.net, ~175 MB | Last updated: 2013-Oct-01
Need *another version*?

*While you download... *(shown only after a click?)
links/info about extensions, templates,
how to participate/help OpenOffice,
how to stay updated,