On 14/09/2014 melena moore wrote:
I was working on my report and it shut down and wanted me to register
again, so I did. EVERYTHING IS GONE. I need to know what happened. I
have LOST weeks of work, I am on a very important deadline in my
department. what exactly happened??? can I get it back?

Hello, I'm sorry to hear this, but hopefully it's something that can be solved. Could you give us a couple details?

1) What module were you using? Writer, Calc, Impress, Base? In doubt, you can find screenshots here: http://www.openoffice.org/product/

2) What does "Register again" mean? Registration has been disabled in OpenOffice for more than 3 years (even though some text still refers to it). Do you mean the initial screen where you asked for your name, last name and initials?

3) What do you mean by "gone"? Are you trying to open your files this way? http://i.imgur.com/p5Qu6ru.png Then it's normal that you don't see them listed, but if you search the file (knowing part of its title) from the file search facilities offered by your version of Windows you will be able to find it again.

Note that we prefer the "users" list (you used the "dev" list) for support requests in general. Support requests are answered with higher priority there.

Regards,
  Andrea.