Le 02.10.2014 19:38, Alexandro Colorado a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Roman Sausarnes <romansausar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello,

As a newcomer to development who is looking for a way to get involved in
one project or the other, I thought I would share my impressions.

The LibreOffice website and development materials seem friendlier to
newcomers. It is easier to navigate and find simple instructions for how to
get the code, set up a development environment, or contribute in other
ways. I use a Mac, and almost right away I found a detailed set of
instructions that was (relatively) current for how to build LO for the
first time on my machine.

The AOO website is confusing and disorganized for people approaching it for the first time and some of the information is outdated. I still haven't found simple instructions for how to build on a Mac. I have found a set of instructions but they are confusing, appear to be outdated, and suggest
that I need to install older Xcode, etc., without any suggestions or
resources on how to do it, if it is really necessary, etc.

​Can you please be more explicit on this. From our angle, we create modules so that people could easily find the right information of the way they want
to contribute. Going to www.openoffice.org and selecting you want to
contribute will lead you to a series of tutorials on how to better get
involved. Development starts with building for different platforms,
including OSX.

All in all is 4 clicks:
Homepage -> Contributing page -> Development -> Building -> OSX (
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_MacOsX
)

The instructions are for 4.1 so they are pretty current. ​

I am a newcomer as well to the Apache OpenOffice community and I have the same feeling.
One thing that struck me is the number of websites/wiki that exists.
You have openoffice.org. ( which actually looks a little different from openoffice.org/fr ! )
Then you have http://openoffice.apache.org
And there are Confluence and MediaWiki Wikis.
All websites looks great but I think it needs consolidation at one place.

But the new volunteer orientation modules are great.