On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Roman Sausarnes <romansausar...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> As a newcomer to development who is looking for a way to get involved in
>> one project or the other, I thought I would share my impressions.
>>
>> The LibreOffice website and development materials seem friendlier to
>> newcomers. It is easier to navigate and find simple instructions for how
>> get the code, set up a development environment, or contribute in other
>> ways. I use a Mac, and almost right away I found a detailed set of
>> instructions that was (relatively) current for how to build LO for the
>> first time on my machine.
>>
>> The AOO website is confusing and disorganized for people approaching it
>> for
>> the first time and some of the information is outdated. I still haven't
>> found simple instructions for how to build on a Mac. I have found a set of
>> instructions but they are confusing, appear to be outdated, and suggest
>> that I need to install older Xcode, etc., without any suggestions or
>> resources on how to do it, if it is really necessary, etc.
>>

> ​Can you please be more explicit on this. From our angle, we create
> modules so that people could easily find the right information of the way
> they want to contribute. Going to www.openoffice.org and selecting you
> want to contribute will lead you to a series of tutorials on how to better
> get involved. Development starts with building for different platforms,
> including OSX.
>
> All in all is 4 clicks:
> Homepage -> Contributing page -> Development -> Building -> OSX (
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_MacOsX
> )

​Furthermore I went to LibreOffice tutorials and they are mostly the same
process:
  Homepage -> Community/Development -> Development wiki -> OSX​

​What I can say is that you dont have to read an intro in Development to
find the link to OSX since Development is not an 'article' but a macro menu
where you can find ways to jumpstart things like 'Getting Started' and/or
'​Easy Hacks'. However I find it confusing on the first Development menu as
Learning is not the first option but instead is getting the code.

Perhaps having a visual menu would be better than just filling out pages
with text.