On 08/11/2015 14:32, Patricia Shanahan wrote:

>I am just getting started on AOO, and don't know the history of this
discussion,

Pretty much since Sun purchased StarWriter, there have been proposals to
make OpenOffice.org Java only. If one considers NeoOffice to be a Java
fork, then it is the only proposal to have gained any traction.

>but here are some general advantages of Java:

Things such as
http://foxglovesecurity.com/2015/11/06/what-do-weblogic-websphere-jboss-jenkins-opennms-and-your-application-have-in-common-this-vulnerability/
are viewed as sufficient reason to avoid Java wherever and whenever
possible.

FWIW, that isn't the only list of known, unpatched zero day exploits of
Java, that are in the wild.

jonathon