On 24 Aug, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hello;
>
>> Here is my list:
>>
>>   * Update bundled redland / rasqal / raptor to fix a CVE.  This is
>>     currently in progress.  The FreeBSD port has been using the system
>>     versions of the latest and greatest.
>>

> This is difficult because of dependencies between the three and the way
> the configure scripts are tied together :(.

Yes, I can confirm that it is a huge PITA.

>>   * Updated bundled serf to fix a CVE and a WebDAV issue.  The FreeBSD
>>     port has been using the system version of the latest and greatest.
>>

> Agreed, this is important.
>
>>   * [low priority] Update bundled vigra.  This version is no longer
>>     available upstream.  It is used by the basebmp module, but I don't
>>     know what it is used for or how to test it.  I believe only the
>>     headers are used.  The FreeBSD port uses the latest and greatest
>>     version and I haven't heard of any problems.
>>

> We are using the latest version that does NOT use CMake. TBH, the
> update is probably not worth it.

We do't actually build it.  We just unpack it and grab the headers from
the source.  This is what we've got in its makefile.mk:

CONFIGURE_DIR=
CONFIGURE_ACTION=

BUILD_DIR=
BUILD_ACTION=
BUILD_FLAGS=

>>   * [low priority] Updated bundled CoinMP.  There has been an API
>>     change, which prevents the FreeBSD port from using the system
>>     version.  Difficulty unknown ...
>>

> This is important, I was unaware of it. Sadly, I don't think I will
> have time for it before the release.
>
> While here ... In Kay's list there is BZ 123975, an update to Python 3.
> As stated in the BZ issue, this is not convenient at this time: we
> have tried hard to keep compatibility with OpenOffice.org and updating
> further would put that at risk.
>
> Also the new Python versions upgraded the build scripts for Windows,
> which may require more work for our build system.
>
> Somewhere in the distant future... we should also update ICU.

Yes.  I've looked at that and it looks difficult.  Something else that
falls in that category is silgraphite -> graphite2.