On 9/2/2016 5:52 AM, RA Stehmann wrote:
Am 02.09.2016 um 14:14 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

What is obvious is that the AOO project cannot support, at the present
time, being an end-user focused effort. I would suggest we focus on not
being one, but instead being a framework or library that can be consumed
by actual end-user implementations.

If AOO is not an end-user focused project a lot of people will leave
this community because they will be useless. People who are doing
end-user support, who are doing end-user documentation and are doing
what we call "marketing" etc.

Also people, who build binaries are obsolet. Only coders will be needed
and I don't know, whether all remained will stay under that conditions.

I certainly won't stay. I am interested in keeping the end user application viable. The library/framework idea does not interest me at all.

This discussion has a serious self fulfilling prophecy downside. The less ASF's commitment to AOO, the less my commitment is. I had been thinking of buying a Mac and learning to do builds on it. That is an investment of time, energy, and a small amount of money. Why do it, if AOO is just going to get shut down anyway?