This whole discussion is a chance to "prove me wrong" (as someone
"out of touch") as well as to prove to the entire OO community
what those "positive things" are.

I am glad that the status-quo of today != the status-quo as of
(today - 3weeksAgo).

I am reminded of this scene from Pulp Fiction (apologies for
the language: I didn't write this. Blame "edgy" QT):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlrgjgOHrw