Am 27.01.2017 um 12:45 schrieb toki:
On 01/27/2017 07:41 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

I don't think we need complex categories here (especially because with
them a maintenance burden would come). In that source code README,
"supported" probably means "a platform for which we strive at producing
buildable source code".

If AOo were the typical Apache Software Foundation project, then that
would be both reasonable, expected, and understandable by those who
utilize the software.

But AOo is atypical of ASF projects, in that it is consumer oriented. As
such, the user base neither knows, nor expects that "supported" even
remotely implies "can be built from source".

+1. I also think that the end-users have a special interest to see and know how complete the support-level is for her/his language, platform, etc.

I'd propose the README state:
«
Can be built from source code:
* BSD;
* Windows 10;
* Windows 9x;
* Mac OS X;
* Linux;
* etc;

Binaries are available for:
* Linux (Debian: 64 bit);
* Linux (RPM: 64 bit);
* Windows (64 bit);
* Mac OS X;
* etc;
»

For the source code Readme it's for sure enough. However, I don't know if it should be just for the this Readme.

Marcus