Am 27.01.2017 um 21:18 schrieb toki:
> On 01/27/2017 05:58 PM, Marcus wrote:
>
>> For the source code Readme it's for sure enough. However, I don't know if it
>> should be just for the this Readme.
> Maybe the main help page (http://www.openoffice.org/support/index.html)
> can have a link saying "Supported Platforms". This page "Supported
> Platforms" contains:
> * Platforms that the source code successfully builds on;
> * Platforms for which binary builds are available;
> * Platforms for which user documentation is available;
> * Platforms for whatever else can be construed as being "support of type x";
>
> Probably the simplest way to do this, is for the version number to the
> secondary heading, and the different types of platform support be a
> tertiary heading.
>
> Every time a new version of AOo is released, the appropriate information
> can be added at the top of the page.
>
> On a different page, the various platforms could be listed, and under
> each platform, the AOo version number and what is/was available be
> listed. I suggest a separate page, because Linux distros can arguably be
> broken into multiple groups. (Debian derived, RedHat Derived, SuSe
> derived, etc. Alternatively distros that utilize SystemD & distros that
> do not utilize SystemD. Not to mention 32/64 bit OS (^1).
>
> ###
>
> It might be more appropriate to say that binaries for eComStation 2 are
> available, rather than binaries for OS/2. OS/2 Convenience Pack 2 v 4.52
> was released in 2001. Since then, it has been distributed as
> eComStation, and eComStation2.

eComStation has been an OS/2 based distribution. And it is questionable
if there will be a new version.
The next OS/2 based distribution will be ArcaOS (Codename Blue Lion). [1]

So it is now common to speak of "OS/2 based systems" [2]

BTW: Mac OSX/MacOS X/OS X is now macOS... ;-)

[1] https://www.arcanoae.com/blue-lion/
[2] http://www.bitwiseworks.com/press/20161130.php