On 27.01.2017 20:39, Marcus wrote:
Am 27.01.2017 um 20:23 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
On 27.01.2017 20:17, Marcus wrote:
And it is crucial that the hashes and signature files *not* be
mirrored.  Having them only available at dist.apache.org is the secure
way to detect that the mirror-downloaded binary is authentic and
unaltered.

right, we as OpenOffice project we should make sure that we refer only
to our own files and servers. So, I hope that there is no faulty link.
;-)
This decision would also mean we never release on Mac or Windows shop!
I think this is a fatal decision.

as long as we have no idea who should do this work, it's not really relevant to think now about this. ;-)
:-D exactly, my argument. so if no one supports our own servers, we still have an official release? As I said I would opt for bind the support and Binary question to the activity the community does.

If we do nothing we should not claim we support something. If people want to get it supported, they have to sign on and get involved.
That is the message we have to transport.

my 2 cents ;)