I think for 4.2.x and later, we have deprecated CentOS5 as a supported
build system... I ran into a LOT of issues. So, imo, any fix that is
*specific* for CentOS5 should be discounted.

For 4.1.x, I'd prefer something which is a quick and easy fix,
rather than something that touches a lot of build system moving
parts.