On 30/11/2017 Jim Jagielski wrote:
I think for 4.2.x and later, we have deprecated CentOS5 as a supported
build system... I ran into a LOT of issues.

Such as, for example? I think that the guide we have at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#CentOS_5
used to be the most solid procedure to build OpenOffice, while it is well-known that building on Windows is complex and building on Mac is even more complex and resulted in broken builds several times.

The reason I'm asking is not because CentOS 5 is particularly relevant (I think we have agreement that we'll switch to CentOS 6 for 4.2.x and that the next, if any, 4.1.x releases will cover major regressions only), but because I think that an updated version (to CentOS 6) of that guide should be the reference for our 4.2.x builds. So if there are issues that can be ironed out, better to do it as soon as possible.

Regards,
  Andrea.