Hello everyone!

Just my $0.02

Hi

After days of failing to add a few new simple features to gbuild, I've now
reached my limits, and have begun experimenting with the SCons build system
instead.

It's starting to work. Having ported some of gbuild.mk, LinkTarget.mk and
platform/freebsd.mk to SCons, as well as a module's local gbuild files, I
can now compile files and (badly) link them into libraries, and clean the
build.

I am fine with bringing yet another build system, specially since we need this one to update Apache serf.

Of course the objective should still be to remove dmake, so my request to Damjan, would be to move python ASAP to  gbuild. I can understand us needing gbuild and Scons but we should be able to build SCons, and any other build system, without dmake.

Regards,

Pedro.