On 13/08/2019 Matthias Seidel wrote:
Regarding the short git hash (vs. long git hash):
I can live with it. But if there is something fundamentally wrong with using it (in our About dialog and on our download page) the Git gurus should speak up *now*. ;-)

Short is fine. I would honestly prefer something that is increasing with time, so something like "20190814-abcd123" as this is more informative (note I mean the date of the specific commit, not the build date; the two will be different in general).

I can take care of this when I have time for looking into it in case.

Regards,
  Andrea.