Absolutely clear for me and absolutely no problem for me!

I had already made explicit reference to the ASF rules, and of course the usual
procedures also belong to them for me.

> > For me, and this may be my personal opinion, one must not
> put good agreement above success - you have to find a balance
> between both things.
> >
> >> The influence of enterprises were drastic in the
> >> moment they stopped supporting us.
> >
> > Exactly, and why are no consequences drawn? The problem was
> not that the company stopped its support, but that one
> company was doing it at absolutely the wrong time and under
> the wrong circumstances.
>
> When IBM withdrew support it did not mean that PMC Members
> who were employed by IBM stopped contributing. They stopped
> as individuals slowly over time.
>
> We had one PMC Chair who seriously started a discussion about
> shutting down the project.

Thank you for this (imho) very important info. Not good that the community was
not informed about it, but this info was apparently only known internally.

greetings,
Jörg