> Plus your your phrasing
> leaves it wide open for people to complain about PDF files same as they
> already do.

PDF is not an editable format and it is not from any of the "major competitor"
suites. In any case you can open PDF files in OpenOffice. Just install the PDF
Import extension.

> As we no longer open Word Perfect files then Your
> phraseology is no longer correct either.

I'm almost sure WordPerfect is no longer a "major competitor"... Unfortunately
I can't find any usage statistics for any office suite to check who are in fact
the "major" and if they use any proprietary file types other than Microsoft's...

Regards,
Pedro