Hi Damjan,

Am 28.07.24 um 17:42 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
On Sun, Jul 28, 2024 at 3:39 PM Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
wrote:

Hi Aivaras,

Am 28.07.24 um 17:32 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
2024-07-28 11:17, Matthias Seidel rašė:
The last step would be to export the new translations to SDF files
and to merge them with our code.
While I’m not in a position to appreciate the technical reasons for
using SDF files, the working format for localizers is PO files.

 From the standpoint of logic, if POs can be mapped to SDFs and the
latter to the UI of AOO, then, in principle, POs can be mapped
directly to the UI of AOO.

Perhaps getting rid of SDFs altogether would be the strategic path to
take in the future development of this area of code?
The format is not the problem... ;-)

We need to find volunteers who want to work on it.

And we need to have the will to release AOO 4.2.0.

If it's such a problem, I'll volunteer.

Great!

What exactly needs to be done?

Honestly, I am not the one to ask. ;-)

Basically, Pootle is out of date and not maintained anymore. We should find an alternative.

But in principle it would be enough for the 4.2.0 release if we could get the current process running again, even if it is done manually:

 - Export en-US from AOO42X. That is done by our buildbot every week
 - Import the en-US template into Pootle for all languages
 - Give translators some time to update the new/changed strings
 - Export the translations to SDF files
 - Commit the SDF files to our AOO42X branch (or trunk and then cherry-pick them)

Mechtilde and Peter, who did work on that can maybe tell you more.

But I haven't "seen" them for a while.

Regards,

   Matthias

Regards,