Hi Frank,

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Thorsten,

That's important indeed. If I have to wait several days betwen finishing
my builds and passing the CWS to QA, just "because" of the test, this
would certainly be a serious hurdle.
Generally, no. For a normal CWS, cycle time in QA is weeks, so this
really does not add significant overhead.

I call the difference between "3 weeks" and "4 weeks" significant. Also,
there are more than enough CWS where your statement simply doesn't hold
(especially for small CWS in pre-release times), where several days of
test runs would be even worse.

Currently we talked about a subset of 45 test cases, which were used for
release testing also. These tests needs round about one night - max 12
hours. As I remember correctly the discussions with Jörg, we want to make a subset of these tests as required first. They should run round
about 4 hours. But if you want to test more, you can select more.

In the past releases the QA run these 45 tests on most of the showstopper CWS and we do not shift the release because of the long running time of these tests.

We do not talk about all test cases and test scripts, which run on
one platform round about 2 weeks.

 Thorsten