Hi Frank,

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Ingrid,

Why is it a serious hurdle to wait let's say 3 days? For me this is not so obvious.

Imagine your frustration what happens if the test fails after 2 days and
20 hours ... Or the turnaround times you have when the test fails there,
you fix it, and the test fails again an hour later.

This is the current situation, when QA has to run the automated test scripts. But you have to wait also, that the tester do have the time to run the tests. So you have to wait longer for the error report. I do not see a problem here.

Or imagine such a test run (failing or not) short before a release,
where you have a small CWS fixing a showstopper only. We don't really
want to have a mandatory 3 day delay in such situations, do we?

You are right. In case of showstopper testing the time frame of some
days is too long. But in this cases only a smaller part of changes will
be integrated in a CWS. So the testing must be flexible to select only
some tests, which test the changes and not only the complete office.
But this must be possible.

Thorsten