On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 19:17 +0200, Niklas Nebel wrote:
> Good old "opt-in vs. opt-out" choice. I'd prefer to leave all methods
> in
> the header files, commented out and marked somehow, unless someone
> has
> (manually) determined that they really shouldn't be there.

I can start using REMOVE_THIS macro and use it like this:

#if REMOVE_THIS
  void RemoveMe();
#endif

for all future removals.  I've already removed quite a bit so I can't go
back and do this for the code that's already been removed, though.

I also don't remove code blindly; I at least spend some time to take a
brief look at the method and check its references before removing it, to
make sure it is in fact ok to remove it, or if it is desirable to leave
it in.

Having said that, I would like to still reserve the right to just
outright remove code if I think with strong certainty that the code
shouldn't be there at all. ;-)

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida - OpenOffice.org Engineer - Novell, Inc.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>