Hi,

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 02:28:53PM +0200, rony wrote:
> On 07.06.2011 14:07, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> >> Insulting people does not change facts and reality either, but is quite
> >>
> > You don't? Aha. I see insults from you too. "You cripple XYZ". When
> > we don't. (And you say we do that intentionally, which is also a insult)
> >
> O.K., I take this one on my shoulders, sorry, if you - as a person -
> took this as an insult, it was never meant to address you. (From your
> mailings it is clear that you have not removed functionality from the
> reference OOo or LO packages from the respective Debian package,
> therefore you have never been meant to be addressed.)

No?

> P.S.: In the case of Ubuntu I would expect that they at least advertise
> very prominently that their OOo/LO distribution is not a standard one,

They base on our packages, we have the same structure. Thus I am defending this.

> but one that lacks features compared to the standard OOo/LO packages.

Nonsense. Again, install the correct package.

You also have to install the correct packages when you install
the "standard OOo/LO packages". If you leave one of those out, you also
loose something. Would cou call that crippled? No.

> This way, everyone would be aware of this fact and if the information
> was given, how to add the missing pieces ("sudo apt-get install
> librefoffice"), end-users would become able to upgrade the "special
> Ubuntu OOo/LO" to the full package on their own.

Which missing pieces? What did you install in the first place?
Any clueless user should use "libreoffice" as the start point, when
Ubuntus install does something else, ok, but then again, people
can install stuff afterwards.

(That said, if you install Debian and choose desktop you get "libreoffice"
installed, no idea what Ubuntu does)

Would you also argue it's a crippling of someone installed a
"standard OOo/LO package" but left -xsltfilter out? Which he could?
And wonders why those don't work? No. Same story here.

But we are going in cirlces, I grok that you don't care about proper
packaging and making optional stuff choosable. Thankfully distros
are not following every stupidity and make life of their users easier
by allowing them to get rid of stuff THEY don't want/need.

Grüße/Regards,

René