Agree, Vincent should be first Release Manager.  Do we have a champagne
bottle somewhere?

Kind regards,
Matt

From:   Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
To:     dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Date:   06/20/2018 01:36 PM
Subject:        Re: [Release] Preparing the release of OpenWhisk

Vincent,

If it's not already clear :-), I think should do the honors, and be
release
manager for the first release :-)
I'm out most of the month of July (vacation). But will volunteer to do a
release in August

Thread to dev list for vote should have the following Subject "[VOTE]
Release Apache OpenWhisk (incubating) version 0.9.0"
And include the details of the location of the RC, and the instructions
for
voting including the deadline of 72 hours.

Release Candidate 1 should be located in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/0.9.0/RC1/

It's a requirement that artifacts need to include the string "incubating"
as part of the version.
Since we are trying to use semantic versioning "incubating" should be at
the end.

dev/incubator/openwhisk/0.9.0/RC1/openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating.tar.gz
dev/incubator/openwhisk/0.9.0/RC1/openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating.tar.gz
dev/incubator/openwhisk/0.9.0/RC1/openwhisk-cli-0.9.0-incubating.tar.gz

We should remove "incubator", and put "incubating" at the end.
Also I would remove "sources" from the name. Only sources are distributed
on apache servers.
After graduation, we stop using "-incubating"

-cs

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 1:39 PM Vincent S Hou <s...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> So far, we can formally name the first version incubator-0.9.0 to
indicate
> the incubator status as well, and use subversion like rc1, rc2, etc,
before
> moving the artifacts to the final release SVN URL.
>
> For incubator-0.9.0-rc1, the package of source code openwhisk in the dev
> SVN URL is named after
openwhisk-apigateway-incubator-0.9.0-sources.tar.gz

https://maps.google.com/?q=4205+S+Miami+Blvd&entry=gmail&source=g

> (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

Whilst