Hi,

Am 18.04.2013 22:15, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
I'd think that we should start scoping out 2.0 - what will be covered under
that topic.
> In addition I would see us doing additional bug fix releases and minor enhancements prior
> to releasing 2.0. My preference would be to branch out 2.0 and keep trunk for
> working on 1.x
Hmm, we already have a 1.8 branch, which can be used for further bugfix
releases. Do you want to use the 1.x trunk for a possible 1.9 release?

as this would be clearer but maybe we should postpone that discussion until
we have a better understanding what 2.0 means.
I don't want to start a discussion about possible changes at this point.
Whatever we will do, I'm pretty sure that there will be some api changes and
we should use this fact as basis for our discussion if we branch or not.

Maruan Sahyoun

Am 18.04.2013 um 21:11 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>:

Hi,

what is our next target after releasing 1.8.0 and 1.8.1?

We already started some discussions about that topic, but I'd like to have
clarification. Is it time to go for a 2.0 version? If we agree to that goal,
how should we proceed? Should we branch or simply use the trunk?

I'd prefer to continue using the trunk. We are still able to release
bugfix versions using the 1.8-branch. Even a new 1.9 feature release
should be possible by branching the 1.8-branch.

WDYT?

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

BR