Hi,

Regarding the discussion about 'latest work' and 'nearly deliverable work',
I share Timo's opinion. When I made deep rework on xmpbox, as proposed by
Andreas, I did it in a branch and merged when it was mostly ready. I think
it is the best option to prepare the 2.0 because :
* we do not know how many time we will need to prepare it,
* it will be easier to rollback dead-end or too-long-options on a branch,
* patch proposition from non commiters for 1.x will still be done on the
trunk which is easier.

About the expectation of the new content, I have very few to say, all the
ideas sound good. One thing; we have 2 implementations of xmp in pdfbox.
Version 2.x is the opportunity to drop one (and to cut the dependency
between pdfbox and an xmp dependency). In a possible future, Adobe will
donate its implementation of xmp to Apache. So xmpbox and jempbox could
become deprecated. We should prepare that with version 2.0.

Concerning the organisation, I just have two propositions:
* we should create a wiki to share and summarize all the ideas, information
will be lost in long mail threads.
* git could be a good idea during the first refactoring phase, WDYT ?

Regards,

Guillaume