> Hi,
>
> Am 19.04.2013 17:50, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 19.04.2013 09:47, schrieb Timo Boehme:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For the 2.0 features:
>>> - switch to Java 1.6
>> What java6 only feature exactly are you thinking about?
>
> First which comes to my mind is a very basic one that IOException can wrap
> another exception which helps in producing 'good' stack traces. Than there
> are a number of additional methods in one or the other classes which are
> handy to use - I already used some but had to work around to commit code to
> PDFBox.
> In general even such 'basic' projects like Apache Tika have made the
> transition to 1.6. Furthermore 1.6 already reached end-of-lifetime support by
> Oracle thus I don't think that there are many current projects using PDFBox
> and are still based on Java 1.5. My experience with enterprise customers is
> that Java 1.6 is the currently used version and will be for the next time to
> come.

Enhancements/new features for annotations. Could be used if we would like to
mark properties, methods … with PDF version supported.
Some collection improvements.
Normalizer for Unicode text (could be used for text extraction)

+1 for 1.6 as we shouldn't limit ourselves although we might be able to still
use 1.5 only.