Hi,

Am 19.04.2013 17:50, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
Hi,

Am 19.04.2013 09:47, schrieb Timo Boehme:
Hi,

For the 2.0 features:
- switch to Java 1.6
What java6 only feature exactly are you thinking about?

First which comes to my mind is a very basic one that IOException can wrap another exception which helps in producing 'good' stack traces. Than there are a number of additional methods in one or the other classes which are handy to use - I already used some but had to work around to commit code to PDFBox. In general even such 'basic' projects like Apache Tika have made the transition to 1.6. Furthermore 1.6 already reached end-of-lifetime support by Oracle thus I don't think that there are many current projects using PDFBox and are still based on Java 1.5. My experience with enterprise customers is that Java 1.6 is the currently used version and will be for the next time to come.

Best regards,
Timo

Best regards,
Timo