There is a check box you check when you upload a patch. If we committed without
verifying you checked it, thats an unfortunate oversight.

No, you cant send a pull request via github to apache. That's a github
(commercial entity) feature, not a git (open source vcs) feature.

Yes you can post a link on a Jira and ask people for review prior to submitting
a formal patch.  No that's not review board or Jira integration.