Given that the name is apache-pinot.slack.com, I might suggest that StarTree
does not own it. That is an Apache brand, and (thus) owned by the Apache Pinot
community. Some people from StarTree may have started it in good faith, but the
community owns it. One could also argue that then 2000 people are there based
on the Apache Pinot brand, rather than StarTree and any attempt to take
ownership of that 2000-strong community is a corporate grab.

Food for thought.

Cheers,
-g