On 22 June 2011 20:59, Roger L. Whitcomb <roger.whitc...@ingres.com> wrote:

>   I *think* that sounds right to restore the original text, but let me see
> if I can
> get the code to do that.  Probably on the open it could save the content
> and restore
> it on ESCAPE.  I will try that and repost the diff to the JIRA issue.
>
> Roger,

I'm not at my dev box right now, but I think the TextInput's text would need
to be saved when the TextInput loses focus to the ListView.

>From memory - the skin will add a ComponentKeyListener to the TextInput to
process an UP or DOWN arrow key press (when the pop up is open and the
TextInput still has focus) and pass focus to the ListView and select either
the first or last item.  The TextInput's text could probably be captured
then, as it is the last opportunity that the user had to modify the text.

I'm happy to have a look at this if you are busy.  I can bundle it with the
other 'pop up Component issues' I noticed when I add them into JIRA
tomorrow.

Chris