I'm not sure that the form you have is more conveniant. It's harder to
parse from a qpid pov and somewhat more error prone to write,
primarily due to (users) having to keep count of quotes etc. The
client has to have a parser, which if it was just flat props we'd get
for free. I know properties files are the only JNDI sources we
currently ship examples for but i don't think there's much value in
doing something for this which would look very different for other
backends when we could otherwise reuse bits.  I think the extra
verbosity is worth it for the extra simplicity in both the user
experience and implementation.