Rafael Schloming wrote:
Gordon Sim wrote:
Rafael Schloming wrote:
Gordon Sim wrote:
Rajith Attapattu wrote:
After from feedback on the thread as well as from Rob and Rafi I have
whipped up another proposal which should be good enough for AMQP 1.0
as well.
The proposal is located at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Proposal+for+a+new+JMS+Destination+configuration2

Re the address format, I'd prefer a single char delimiter between type and name[1]. It's not a huge issue one way or the other of course and I can't think of any option that is clearer or more intuitive than any other.

[1] E.g. <node-type>!<node-name>/<subject> instead of <node-type>::<node-name>/<subject> (or replace ! with $, % etc)

This particular format is really just an interim thing I picked to have something to play with. I don't particularly like the :: either, and I think we also need to work the scheme in there somehow. I think a final format would probably need to look more like this:

"amqp:" [ <node-type> "!" ] <node-name> [ "/" <subject> ]

I like that. Should we use 'qpid:' as the scheme, at least in the interim? Just concerned that we don't co-opt the amqp name for something that is not an official amqp standard.

Possibly... I wasn't necessarily thinking of these things as URLs, although they sort of end up looking like a URL when I try out various sorts of syntax.

I am imagining the scheme as something that makes the API address-agnostic, i.e. something that indicates that this is qpid's syntax for dealing with an amqp address, so maybe something like qpid-amqp: or qpid:amqp: would be appropriate if we wanted to map these things into URLs, but whatever it is should be able to handle indicating that we're dealing with e.g. an xmpp or smtp address.

Ok, understood.