Frankly I am a bit baffled about the concerns raised here.

Rob, Bruce, Rafi and a few individuals have expressed a desire to
start an amqp protocol client project that is independent of any AMQP
projects that already exist.
The goal is to enable collaboration from anybody who is interested in
AMQP and to avoid duplication of effort.
To this end Bruce has extended an invitation to the developers in the
Qpid/ActiveMQ communities to participate in this.

**Also as Rob mentioned, it's upto the Qpid/ActiveMQ communities to
use these client libs or not.** - However common sense suggests that
we stand to be benefit if we use it, provided that it's designed
properly which I am sure it will be.

If we think pragmatically, there are many good reasons why such a
project needs to be independent instead of being affiliated with an
existing AMQP project.

1. All though Qpid, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ etc.. are open source projects,
they all have their own identity, their own communities, different
companies backing them etc.
    If this proposed project goes under any of the existing projects
then it is inevitable that people will feel that the chosen community
will have more influence over the project than the others.
    This is not a good thing !

2. If this project is independent, then we will likely get
participation from a wider audience, not just folks from the above
mentioned communities.

3. It is IMO absurd to require a RabbitMQ developer to earn karma in
the Qpid/ActiveMQ project to contribute effectively to this project.

Regards,

Rajith

--
Regards,