I'm not sure what the best solution is, but I do know that I'm missing what
the problem using one of the Apache projects for this work is ?

It seems like there some context missing from this debate, possibly from
discussions at the F2F.

Bruce - can you elaborate on why other people might not want to work on AMQP
under an Apache project but would want to work on it as another open source
project and use an ASL license ?

It seems a little like double overhead for those already working on Qpid or
ActiveMQ to have a third project in the loop, with different lists and
process and all that. Having been around for a while I understand the
overhead with Apache, but I'm also concerned that we haven't really talked
about what we gain from a non-Apache project - what the gain from doing the
core libraries somewhere else ?

Regards,
Marnie