On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/10/2010 06:21 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>>
>> This effort needs to be vendor neutral to encourage participation from
>> a wider audience, as such it's not appropriate to host in under Qpid
>> or ActiveMQ.
>
> What do you mean by 'vendor neutral'? How are either Qpid or ActiveMQ
> 'vendors'? They are surely open source projects, collaborations that both
> aim to be as inclusive as possible.

Good point, Gordon ;-). Well, I guess my thought is that because each
project will provide a broker implementation of the AMQP spec that
neither is appropriate for a neutral protocol level client that is not
specific to either broker. The Apache Commons HTTP Client could have
been hosted as a subproject to the HTTPD server project, but that
wasn't appropriate so it was made a separate project. The same logic
applies in this case.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print